Senior Business Analyst with Salesforce / Pharma
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Duration: Long-term Contract
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Business Systems Analyst. You will work with the Information Technology teams in supporting our efforts and growth journey in this exciting new area of curing Cancer with cell therapy.
The Business Systems Analyst will work closely with the Salesforce team and the Commercial, Cross functional Business functions (Operations, Marketing, Quality and Manufacturing) to deliver technology solutions to meet our critical business, IT and Compliance needs. This important role requires relationship management, business analysis, and project management skills/aptitude as well as some technical knowledge of various applications such as Salesforce.com, Veeva, Data Warehouse, Integrations, Analytics Cloud, Regulatory systems, Processes etc.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Build relationships with key business stakeholders and become a domain expert in the business functional area.
- Bring technology innovation to business discussions to enable business objectives or solve business pain points.
- Be the ultimate accountable individual for execution and delivery of technology solutions by managing across IT (infrastructure, shared services, developers, vendors, security, etc.) and business functions (Supply chain, Commercial functions, Legal, Quality, etc.).
- Lead business stakeholders thru the business analysis lifecycle and challenge their assumption to find best solutions.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Architects, Operations Teams, Developers, Technology Partners, and Quality Assurance on scope, solutions, constraints, and risks.
- Hands-on application configuration and play Technical Architect role for Commercial IT applications.
- Analyze/document current and future business process models – and be able to identify and recommend areas of potential improvement.
- Use your knowledge of IT applications and models to make and support recommendations to business partners, consistent with IT governance, Confidential Data and cyber security policies
- Facilitate, perform and support system and user acceptance testing
- Perform knowledge transfer and provide ongoing leadership to support project go-live and beyond (operations and support activities).
- Be accountable for Level 2 / 3 support and serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for multiple systems.
- Ability to manage multiple technology partners and vendors in the delivery and support of multiple systems.
- Keep IT Leadership apprised of developments through clear and timely communication e.g. weekly status reports, risk log and project dashboards etc.
- 6+ years’ experience in a business system analysis role delivering multiple information systems projects.
- Biotech/Life Science industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Salesforce expertise and deep Business Analysis skills are required
- Ability to quickly learn details of multiple IT systems, integrations and cloud applications e.g. AWS, Dell Boomi
- Knowledge and prior experience in Agile Scrum SDLC and release management
- Prior Experience developing and delivering technical solutions across various business groups.
- Experience in documenting detailed requirements artifacts, user stories, business processes, integration mappings and technical specifications for both custom and commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) systems
- Comfortable in a fast growth environment with minimal direction and able to adjust delivery based upon changing priorities.
- Demonstrated excellence in critical thinking and analysis, small and large group facilitation, and presentation skills.
- Experience with SaaS, PaaS models and managed services.
- Knowledge of Computer Systems Validation and GxP processes is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability/experience in thinking at a high-level but have the ability to get into details
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.