Title: IT Client Engineering Architect
Type of role: Contract - 6-12+ Months
Location: Remote (San Francisco, CA)
Our direct customer is in the process of building the foundation for an "any device, anywhere, anytime" user experience while providing increased device choices to our personnel. They will be leveraging virtual infrastructure / tools to accomplish some of these capabilities. They are also looking into modern management capabilities for our both Mac and Windows systems. Must have strong background in cloud solutions (Azure or AWS) and have experience with cyber security.
To help deliver these services, they are looking for an advanced Client Engineer with a deep knowledge of modern end user computing solutions and capabilities including virtual and mobile technologies. The ideal candidate will help maintain and enhance existing services, including Mac and Windows build / deployment capabilities, fulfilling requests for application packaging / deployment and break / fix scenarios for all technologies the team manages.
As an IT Client Engineering Architect, you will help lead the design and implementation of the end user computing experience that unleashes our end users' productivity with increased flexibility regardless of location. You will be empowered to own and deliver client-focused technologies that enable our business users to be agile and flexible in terms of the way they work.
- Implements and supports complex and modern end user computing solutions.
- Understands and promotes end user technology standards for hardware, OS, core applications, and peripherals.
- Evaluate, establish, integrate and maintain end user technology applications used to manage desktops, laptops, virtual desktops, virtual applications and mobile devices.
- Serves as the highest-level technical resource for technologies which may span the enterprise. Leads complex troubleshooting efforts and root cause analysis.
- Proactively automate, streamline and simplify engineering processes and routine tasks.
- Creates and updates system documentation for engineering, operations, and support teams.
- Participates in multiple cross company projects and initiatives that impact the end user computing solutions and experiences.
- Operates under minimal direction.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience or combination of education and/or experience.
- Advanced experience working with IT end user management applications/procedures and processes.
- Advanced knowledge of network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP), and GUI interfaces.
- Advanced knowledge of Mac OS, Windows OS, software upgrades, and with network routing and bridging protocols.
- Proficient in the understanding and troubleshooting of the Mac and Windows family of operating systems including core competencies: AD, Okta, Azure AD, DHCP, FTP, Powershell, Gsuite, O365, Email workflow, VMWare Workspace One, SCCM, SCOM, Win OS, Mac OS, DNS, and disaster recovery/business continuity.
- Advanced knowledge of performance monitors and debugger tools.
- Advanced experience with participating in projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Advanced experience supporting Macs/Windows operating systems deploying enterprise-wide applications.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Self-driven, able to juggle many tasks under tight deadlines, and be comfortable bringing ideas to the table.
- Good documentation, teamwork and communication skills