Title: Service Desk Analyst
Location: Redwood City, CA - *Will be required to be onsite.
The Service Desk Analyst provides front-line technical support to our client by responding to incidents and requests reported by users through multiple channels; voice, email, IM, virtual meeting, etc. Ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience in a IT Support role interfacing with employees.
Support includes but is not limited to: documenting all relevant information into the system of record; troubleshooting the issue within the parameters of best practice ITSM models adopted by the IT department; reviewing and resolving assigned tickets; communicating and escalating issues using sound judgment and self-initiative; and deliver the highest level of customer service at all times with all users.
- Provide front line technical support to the company by responding to incidents and requests reported by users through multiple channels; voice, email, IM, etc.
- Provide superior, high-touch service by engaging mature interpersonal, communication and telephone handling skills.
- Provide highest levels of availability during scheduled working hours while applying performance behaviors aligned with guidelines and standards designed to enable agents to consistently deliver effective results and to ensure the highest level of productivity and user satisfaction.
- Provide troubleshooting support for a wide variety of 3rd party applications, Microsoft Office 365, Windows PC’s and Mac’s, Laptops, Mobile Devices, Peripherals, IP Phones, Network, Internet Browsers, Outlook, Active Directory, Windows 10 and OSX operating systems, Virtual Meeting Software (Zoom, Teams, GoToMeeting) etc. and engage escalation support processes in a timely fashion using sound judgment and self-initiative.
- Provide assistance with onsite conference rooms and general Audio Video requests.
- Provide assistance with Hardware Life Cycles, Asset Management, IT Inventory, Ordering, and Supply Chain Management.
- Support the team; be highly collaborative. Seek and share knowledge among colleagues throughout the End User Services team. Leverage Level 2 and Level 3 teammates for troubleshooting and procedural support.
- Strive to achieve resolution of all interactions on first call whenever possible while proactively and conscientiously balancing competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities including but not limited to: timesheets, special projects, meetings with staff and 1:1's with supervisors.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with all applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, etc.), 2) adhering to company policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting potential suspicious activity to the BSA/AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the company
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Critical features of this job are described under the items above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Must demonstrate mature interpersonal and communication skills and behaviors.
- 2-5 years of experience in an IT Support role interacting with employees
- Experience successfully delivering technical support via telephone in a high-call volume environment, and in person, is strongly desired.
- Must have excellent organizational and multitasking skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, follow written procedures, while maintaining superior customer service at all times with all users.
- Requires the disposition and ability to adapt to ongoing changes and the adoption of new technologies in a rapidly evolving IT environment.
- Familiarity with service management frameworks strongly desired. ITIL Certification or similar, a plus.
- Familiarity with Hardware Life Cycles, Asset Management, IT Inventory, Ordering, and Supply Chain Management a plus.
- Familiarity with general Audio/Video trouble shooting, and conference room configuration.
- Requires the ability to learn to effectively triage core applications and know when to escalate.
- Requires the ability to exercise a reasonable amount of independent judgment.
- Must support the team, share knowledge, ask questions and act continually on behalf of service improvement.
- Must possess problem solving and troubleshooting skills related to Windows and Apple operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, Active Directory, Exchange, Peripherals, PC, Laptop, Mobile Devices, Network, and IP Phone systems.
- Experience working with an enterprise-class incident/request ticketing system desired (Service-Now a plus).
- Knowledge of using imagining software a plus.