Title: R&D Sr. Software Engineer
Type of role: Full time - FTE - 100% Remote
Location of client: Seattle, WA 98109
We are seeking highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to support development software solutions integral to company internal research and development groups. You’ll work with a broad set of technologies and collaborate closely with product owners, development leads and QA. You will be part of a fun-loving, diverse team that seeks challenges, loves learning, and values teamwork.
Prior experience in biotech is welcomed, but not necessary. Simply come ready to learn, and we will equip you with the understanding you need to succeed, from immunology to next generation sequencing.
Sr Software Engineer Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Responsible for all phases of software development including specification, design, implementation, test, deployment of software that supports the client's production software systems.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving production system issues
Sr Software Engineer Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 7+ years of relevant experience or Master’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience with a strongly typed object-oriented language
- Extensive experience with scripting languages
- Familiarity with standard software development best practices: source code control, unit testing, in-code documentation and automated build environments
- Superior communication skills in a highly diverse cross-discipline environment
Sr Software Engineer Preferred
- Java and Python experience
- Experience with backend web service development
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with regulated software development