Title: ERP Implementation Project Manager - Pharma (remote)
Type of role: Contract – 12+ months
Client location: SF Bay Area (100% remote)
Must have previous Pharma/Biotech experience
Our growing Biotech client is looking for an experienced Project Manager. Previous experience in pharma / biotech experience is highly preferred. The Project Manager will manage a portfolio of projects under the Sales,
General and Administrative IT Group (Finance, Human Resource, Legal, etc). The consultant can work remotely, but will be required to work in Pacific Time Zone hours. This role will also involve managing ERP Implementation (NetSuite preferably). Must have ERP project management experience in a pharma domain.
- Responsible for project planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting for various sized projects under the SG&A group (both GxP and Non-GxP) including Finance, HR and Legal, and ERP (NetSuite)
- Facilitates the definition of project milestones, goals, tasks, and resource requirements and development of recommended alternatives
- Resolves or assists in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas.
- Responsible for assembling and on-boarding the project staff. Ensuring responsibilities of resources are communicated and understood.
- Ensures that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Develops project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Supervises risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies, changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Reports and escalates to the PMO as needed and manages status update meetings with project team members.
- Creates and maintains project documentation, including preparation for stage gate reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus, preferably in the fields of Business, Biology, Computer Science, Information Management or Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in IT Project Management
- Experience managing projects across a wide range of technologies including software and business process and completed major cross functional projects.
- Previous Project Management experience in ERP Implementations (NetSuite preferred if possible).
- Understanding of different Project Management principles and methodologies, proficiency with PM tools with at least one Enterprise PM software tool (Smartsheet, SharePoint, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Experience in Pharma/Biotech environment.
- Technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience of software development. Understanding of end-to-end IT delivery and operations.
- PMP certification and System validation GxP experience preferred